REVIEW AND SWATCHES: ESTEE LAUDER PURE COLOR LOVE LIPSTICKS


Okay, so this is a totally unplanned post, but they are the best. My father had recently gone to Dubai for work and while coming back, he picked up this Travel Exclusive set of 3 Pure Color Love Lipstick by Estēe Lauder. Being a complete beauty buff, I'm head over heels in love with it. Take a look for yourself before moving into the details.






Ain't it pretty? Now, moving on to the details.

ABOUT THE PRODUCT



SHADES AND SWATCHES



This color is looks like a  'Kim Kardashian' color on me. If I were to pick a nude color for me, I wouldn't have picked this one. But to be honest, this color kind of looks nice on me. Even though it's really light, it looks incredible when paired with heavy-smoky eye. This color will definitely work on paler skin tones. Duskier beauties can give this a pass. But since the color leans on the warmer side, it can work across different skin tones. The finish is a 100% matte but with a very comfortable formula. Wears up to 6-7 hours with little fading. Doesn't survive meals. Not transfer proof.

   

I generally don't wear pinks. Even if I do, I prefer berry pinks. But I am actually amazed at how beautiful this color turned out on my dusky complexion. It's a warm pink with slight red undertones which makes it bright and wearable. In the tube it looks neon-ish, but when worn on the lips, it looks a pretty everyday-color. This particular color work for all skin tones, irrespective of shade or undertone. The finish is creamy and it is not as long lasting as the ultra-matte finish. Lasts for 4-5 hours and doesn't survive meals either. But comfort level is 100%. Leaves a pinkish tint when fades.



You see how bright that color is? It is my favorite of the lot. Red is my kinda color. But this is my first warm toned red. This color looks almost orange on my olive skin tone and really perks up my complexion. This color will look incredible on darker skin tones with warm undertones. It will also work across a variety of skin tones leaning on the warmer side. It is again, a 100% matte lipstick with the pigmentation of a liquid lipstick. Wears for up to 7 hours and leaves an orangish tint.




My dad picked this up from Dubai airport at their duty-free store. I'm so glad he picked these shades for me because I wouldn't have. I don't know whether these sets are available in the stores or not. But you can pick up the individual shades from their stores and online from Nykaa. These are priced at Rs.1900 (INR) and $22.00 (USD) there are 30 shades and 4 finishes to choose from! Grab one for yo-self!

Comments