REVIEW AND COMPARISON: THE FACE SHOP SHEET MASK- RICE AND LEMON



Sheet masks have been a staple in Asian skincare for a long time. Sheet masks are basically thin cotton sheet soaked in a liquid-based formula, generally a serum, that helps to hydrate, moisturize, brighten and soothe your skin. They are easy to use and can be used when you're on the go. Basically, they are 'spa-treatment' sealed in a packet.

Here I have a review post of 'The Face Shop Sheet Masks' in two variants- Rice and Lemon. I'll also do a comparison of the two at the end since both claim to have brightening benefits.

About the brand-

'The Face Shop' is a Korean beauty brand that originated in Seoul, South Korea. The brand is known for their innovative yet natural products and their commitment to deliver natural beauty to their customers.

About the product-

'The Face Shop Real Natural Face Sheet Mask' is made using special natural squeeze and extraction technology where whole natural plant extract is ground with water. The air pockets within the sheet contain handful of nutritional essence providing moisture and nourishment to the skin.

PRICE- Rs.100 (INR)
SHELF LIFE- 3 Years from date of manufacture
CONTENTS- Single use sheet mask
AVAILABLE AT- Nykaa

THE FACE SHOP: REAL NATURE MASK- RICE




This sheet mask claims to remove dullness and roughness from the skin, making it softer and brighter.

MY TAKE-

After using this mask, my skin indeed felt very soft and hydrated. The brightening effect was not that noticeable, but it did give a certain glow to my face. The sheet mask was drenched in a serum and it felt really soothing on my skin. As far as removing dullness is concerned, I don't think sheet masks can do that since they are not really made for exfoliation of the skin. It didn't break me out. But it did make my skin a tad bit sticky since it contains castor oil. I had to wash my face after a while to remove the stickiness from my face. But that could be the result of extreme humidity. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the product. This product is suitable for all skin types.

THE FACE SHOP: REAL NATURE MASK-LEMON





This sheet mask claims to brighten the skin and provide an instant glow to the skin.

MY TAKE-

This mask didn't really work out for. It made my skin really sticky and oily. It also did break me out a little. The brightening effect was not that noticeable. On application it did feel quite soothing, but I wasn't really happy with the after effects. I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin. I have oily skin but its not sensitive. If it irritated my skin, it is definitely not suitable for sensitive skin.

COMPARISON-

Out of the two, I would personally recommend the Rice variant since it worked out well on my skin. It lived up to almost all of its claim like brightening, softening and hydrating the skin and most importantly, it did not irritate my skin at all. On the other hand, the Lemon variant led to breakouts and my skin did not really benefit from it. People with normal skin type can give this a try but people with sensitive skin can make a pass.


Before using sheet masks, keep a few points in mind-
- It is not a substitute for traditional face masks. Sheet masks won't cleanse or exfoliate the skin like clay mask or mud mask. Sheet masks are best for boosting hydration.
- It does not replace your serum. Even though sheet masks are drenched in a serum like solution, they do not repair your skin like serums. They can provide instant results not long-term benefits. If your skin needs repairing or nourishment, do not skip your serum.



Have you used any sheet masks before? Do let me know in the comment section below or connect with me on social media.


Comments